Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 8/26/2011
Thumb-1319754569
  • Reviews: 48
  • Followers: 1
  • Following: 65

Toke # 66. Up late reading. Interested in the refill process. Is BHO an ok refill candidate? What is the refill process?

Posted 8/26/2011
Thumb-1314057949
  • Reviews: 1
  • Followers: 4
  • Following: 1

I'm really enjoying the iVapor. It's super convenient and seems pretty cost effective. One thing I notice is that I want to "smoke" more because I have it so easily available, so I'm vaping a lot. The cartridge has lasted me 3-3.5 days of exclusive use, no herb, and I think it's just about to run out. Roughly 100 hits I'd guess? I didn't keep count. But it seems like it's pretty much the same cost as smoking herb, maybe a little bit more due to increased use. I'd say it's worth it if you can afford a little extra cost, especially since it seems so much healthier than smoking. The only real extra cost seems to be buying the iVapor itself because the costs of cartridges are similar to the costs of bud.

I'm also guessing that they will be able to create updated cartridges with more efficient designs in the future, so it'll only get better. The body of the iVapor is just a battery and a heating apparatus calibrated to heat hash oil. The body of the device could remain the same while they provide updates to the new cartridges that are distributed to dispensaries. My point is, the iVapor seems somewhat future-proofed, so buying it now probably won't be something you regret later if they update the technology.

Posted 8/26/2011
Thumb-1314330290
  • Following: 2

@funkinpye Very well put. I am thinking of cutting out of work early and heading to the City to pick it up. I saw on twitter the vapor room has them in stock as well now.

I am in sunnyvale now just wish a san jose club had some.

Posted 8/26/2011
Thumb-1330912800
  • Reviews: 0

Funkinpie- i think smoking the ivapor is way better on your lungs then buds. Im a super heavy stoner the least i smoke is an 8th a day. But i havent been smoking that much since ivapor came out.I go through a cart in 1-3 days tops.

Vanquish- read the earlier posts they will tell you where to get them for cheaper than the vapor room..

What do you guys think is the best way to store carts? In a nice dark area thats cool or in the fridge?
I met berner the other day at THC. Hes hella cool and gonna see him tonight in sc!!

Posted 8/26/2011
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Following: 0

Can u swap flavors when they are maybe half way, or do u have to finish it completely before changing it?

Posted 8/26/2011
Thumb-1314389555
  • Followers: 0

Hello! Eric here from Stickyguide. Check out our new website, 91LIFE.stickyguide.com ... dedicated to helping patients learn about connoisseur quality medicine available at their local dispensaries... enjoy!

Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1299821459
  • Reviews: 23
  • Followers: 21

mrbigboy - Yes you can easily swap flavors. It's def. not difficult at all.

Dustin Bowls - I think others have begun filling the canisters with different flavors. I know you can buy the carts for the ego through websites, and I think that is exactly what is happening. One thing I have noticed is the Sour D carts are white, while all the others are black.

Posted 8/27/2011

picked up mine today from 1944 ocean ave.. 260 for the deal, pen and 5 cartridges. But the pen there is 120 and cartridges are 40. the deal is 5 cartridges at 40=200, then you get the pen 50% off. I got Sour Diesel cartridges. BPCC sells them for 100 and 35 a cartridge, and they say they have blackberry kush.

Post Removed
Posted 8/27/2011
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.
Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1314250023
  • Followers: 3

For me the IVapor has taken the place of daily herb vaporizing....( have not smoked / combusted since 2010....)
kinda like when i switched from coffee to espresso.

1 ) One cart lasts me 3 days - 10 to 13 dollars a day depending on where i will purchase my carts.....totally do able.
i was vaping way more herb than that before - roughly 2.5 grams a day ( Vapor Genie indoors and Magic Flight Launch Box outdoors....)

2 ) the stealth factor of the iVapor is priceless....
back in the day my cigarette one hitter had a vivid dream of the future and it was the iVapor...
memories of packing a one hitter and lighting it and figuring out where to blow the smoke seem very clunky and awkward to me now....my Vapor Genie needs a bag to put it in with doob tubes of pre ground bud and a lighter and a stick to poke the herb out of the doob tube with...Magic Flight Launch Box needs a bag to put it in along with batteries and doob tubes and pokey stick.....iVapor with it's USB charger needs none of these things for me to carry around.

3 ) the actual therapeutic level of THC @ 86 % hash oil blows away the level of medication i receive from vaporized bud...
even flowers in the 20's THC which is usually all i purchase with the exception of Durban Poison feel a little weak now in comparison compared to the iVapor hits....these new white Sour Diesel carts give me a full head melt rush stronger than but similar to how Platinum Og Kush Private Reserve bud feels upon exhale.....Whewwwww......Chit's Fire.
i have some very lonely empty glass jars now and two very confused full glass jars of Platinum Chem Dawg and Girl Scout Cookies.

4) i have absolutely no loyalty to this particular device....
i have developed a loyalty to this technology though...
if cartridges become cheaper and or hit count rises to higher levels with other cartridges or other similar devices i will migrate over and switch up in a payday....
i would like to see (from the same manufacturer or another ..i do not care...)cheaper carts with higher hit counts that universally thread and fit the iVapor and others ...that way iVapor users and Omicron users and others would all be too medicated to post about which device was better.....

scuse me while i rip my i.......

Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1314250023

One or two 4 to 6 second draws always does me right.

Posted 8/27/2011

damn. your having fun with the ivape while im using my magic flight launch box right now lol

Post Removed
Posted 8/27/2011
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.
Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1319754569

My Omicron cart had a 'malfunction' ... The white plastic piece at the end of my one and only cartomizer came off. Inside is a coil of heat conductive metal and a filter like the filter of a cigarette but more durable with a cylinder cut out through the middle to accommodate the heating coil. I discovered that the hash oil was absorbed into the filter, maintained there for rip after rip. So it is still functional, as the caps that are the 'protector caps' are easily modifiabe (just poke a hole in it for the vapors to escape. So I decided to add ~.15 grams of liquified silly putty. This is working out nicely even though the tip of the cart needs cleaning from time to time. So I am thinking that when the cart is totally cashed out I will try to refill it with some fire liquid putty. Just melt the putty a bit and when liquid golden state is attained, apply it to the top of the filter and allow it to absorb in stages until all the oil is in there.... Also after I fixed the problem I went on a toke spree and I am upwards of one hundred but I did add some oil back but it is going and going just like that dude in the youtube video that got the 178 in a row of people high. Still looking forward to getting the I-vapor come the first of the month or so.. Thanks @never at dusk for puttin it in perspective. Peace.

Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1330912800

Hey hiroshima you think the Omnicron carts will fit the ivapor they look like the same threading carts.

Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1319754569

@ SkrillyWilly....I would be psyched if they do. I dont know though, I dont have the Ivapor yet...

Posted 8/27/2011
Thumb-1314250023

universal interchangeability is my hope as well...
i would gladly load my iVapor with Omnicron carts if they tasted as good
as the iVapor carts ( new white sour diesel carts FTW...)
i'm not down with gum and toothpaste flavors in my vapor...
Perhaps loading empty Omnicron carts with non flavored dispensary hash oil at home is the answer for me and others..
thanks ayalar09 funkinpye thehiroshima187 for all the info that lead me to my decision to go grinderless...
mrbigboy just now as i was reading and writing this post Mastodon -( the lost baron) , Kings X - (everybody knows a little bit of something) and ZZtop -(just got paid)- all came up on itunes random shuffle...
i take this as a sign that you will be the one to go west to bring this exiting technology back the the fine people of The Lone Star State...
like Johnny Vaporseed......
Godspeed.....

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1319754569

Gyeah.

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1314250023

thehiroshima187 - you got me rippin apart my spent iVapor carts nail scissor style...the mouthpiece white circle pops out and it looks like i may be able to pour hash oil down there in stages like you suggested and see if it fills and hits again...would love to have more control over the variety of melted or liquid concentrates and hit count .

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1330912800

I tried filling an old cart. With bho oil I made. I heated it up and dripped it the cotton. When I tried it It milked up crazy. It would be cool if you can put oils and waxes from the club in em and smoke watever.

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1299821459

Good to see and hear everyone is enjoying their ivapors/omricons. I agree that the new White Sour D carts are def. the best tasting and extremely effective.

If the carts become interchangable that would be awesome. I saw a post somewhere that showed they are making different size carts for the ivapor. A Smaller then the original and then an XL.

Blackberry Kush carts! Where Where Where????? TELL ME!

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1330912800

ayalar09-I got the blackberrykush carts at bpcc. i just got home and have been puffing on it since i got it. It has a crazy fruity taste alil like potpouri but its something different definately bombb.. you can only buy three at a time there by the way.

dude the omicron is actually starting to sound good.. cuz the new carts there making you will be able to fill it with a whole gram of hash oil(40$) from a collective and im sure that they will last way longer then ivapor carts and you will get insanely high. It will probably smell straight like hash thats kinda why i like the ivapor cuz it smells different and still does the job. BUt putting your own oil in the carts dangg that takes the cake.

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1314250023

and eats it too...

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1319754569

yeah thats ill. thanks y'all.

Posted 8/28/2011
Thumb-1314250023

For those of you in 86% THC land...

Here is an iVapor hash oil related short term memory loss tip that i would like to share -

i have been trying to be realistic and somewhat disciplined regarding the number of times per day that i hit this thing...but the strength of the doses is not conducive to remembering how many draws that i have actually taken ....resulting in what i like to call first cashed cartridge shock syndrome or " damn ,..did i really just fade that first cart in 2 days ? " syndrome ....
some of you may be familiar with this phenomenon .

So what i did was raid my wife's old bead kit and grab 18 tiny beads ...each bead representing a fat till the light blinks lung bursting draw from the iVape ...
lately i am averaging 18 draws a day - should make a cart last 5 to 7 days ..
So......
I start the day with 18 tiny beads in my right pocket...
i have deep pockets...
each time i take a draw i take a bead from my right pocket and put it in my left pocket...
at the end of the day i have all 18 beads in my left pocket and i am done....

This ridiculous bead thing keeps me from forgetting how many draws that i've actually taken during the day...and prevents creative/forgetful counting resulting in overu$e.

asthma inhalers have puff counters that count backwards to let you know how many puffs you have left...i wish my iVapor had one, but this accomplishes the same result for me ...
getting an accurate picture of my actual daily use...

perhaps other 86% THC memory challenged folks might find the need
to make their own kind of iVapor fuel gauge
using whatever method or means that is convenient for them ....
perhaps a digital tally on a smart phone note function
or analog / Abacus esque and primitive like my method.

i never wanted to do math when i vaped -
but the co$t of the cart$ demanded a little grade school division..
now i can free up that part of my mind that used to try to count hits all day...
and just be in the moment and enjoy this awesome device.

so i guess my eyes get all Beady as they get all Squinty.

Posted 8/29/2011

with the talk about the glycerin stuff with the ivapor. I think it comes down to if the omnicron cartridges will fit the ivapor, because the only thing with the glycerin is the cartridge. With the new omnicron cartridges that are suppose to come out, those won't contain the cotton and other things that are in the ivapor cartridge (and the omnicron cartridge). It would just be pure hash oil like they say. So if they do fit the ivapor then the whole glycerin thing can be put down. Then it would be preference on how you want your vape pen to look like, ivapor or omnicron. Hopefully the cartridges do fit. So that way I won't have to go buy the omnicron. Until then I'll enjoy my ivapor!

Posted 8/29/2011
  • Followers: 2

I Think i figured out omicrons new "cartomizer" without cotton filling its basically just a new cartomizer system with a wick.

"the next generation in cartomizer technology. Cartomizers are disposable cartridges with atomizers built into them. The idea is that there is a brand new atomizer in each cartomizer giving you maximum vapor production. But unlike cartomizers of the past, these do not have any poly filler. No poly filler means that liquid no longer gets trapped inside the cartridge. But instead,is a new wick system that is able to effectively drain the eliquid you fill them with."

If these is true we can just get these new carts and fill em up ourselves...what do u guys think

Posted 8/29/2011

and i found cartridge adapters so even if the omicron carts dont fit the ivapor we can find an adapter for that...ive been doing research on this topic because Im tired of seeing all these greedy collectives in so cal over-charging for vape pens....one place i know, Terra Holistic, sells ONE e-go vape pen for 200!!...and another place 150$ for one....crminals man...

Posted 8/29/2011

also can bho be absorbed in the wick? I was thinkin with the new cartomizers, I can just melt the bho and syringe it into the cart and let that absorb into the wick and try to vape that. One thing i dont know is that when the bho solidifies, would it just warm up again as you are hitting the vape?

Posted 8/29/2011

i was thinking of purchasing the omnicron to compare it to the ivapor (which I have), but then when i heard about the new cartridges that are suppose to come out, I decided to wait and see and hopefully the new ones will fit the ivapor. But with what you just posted, hopefully there are ones that can fit the ivapor without using cotton cartridges.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1330912800

You gotta wait till the new carts come out to get ones like that.. those guys been researching this for two years. Next month we can try the new carts that you can fill with your own oil in an ivapor. If it doesnt fit then im switching to omicron forsure unless ivapor comes with somethign to match it. I like How the ivapor looks tho i would hate to have to replace it. The omicron looks U G L Y.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

Ya I think I'm going to end up using both the Omicron and iVapor. It sounds like iVapor is going to be the stealthier of the two choices, so it'll be better for places where you want no smell or attention drawn to the device in your hand. But the Omicron will be a better choice for when you are at home, or basically any place that being completely discrete isn't necessary. Even if it stands out a little more, smells a little more, it is still a lot more discrete than a pipe or a joint.

Maybe the Omicron will prove to be just as stealthy though, who knows.

If the cartridges are interchangeable, though, that'd be perfect!

Posted 8/29/2011

i am def going to wait for the new cartridges. if they do fit that would be perfect! the look of the ivapor with the omnicron cartridge. it would def save me money to put towards more cartridges, but if they don't fit then ima have to go with the omnicron. besides the health issues of glycerin and all that, ur gonna get a lot more hits.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1299821459

skrilly - Man great minds think alike. One of the reasons I got a little defensive was because honestly, I was worried the Omricon would be better and I wasted my money on the ivapor. But if the carts are interchangable (which would be smart because then more carts would get sold) then I think we could all throw a huge party.

funkinpye - Just like Skrilly, I too will consider moving to Omricon, if it can prove to be just as potent and stealthy as my ivapor. One of the things I like about my ivapor is it's completely camoflauge. Cop could pull you over while smoking it and driving, and you could just tell him it's a flavored cigarette cartridge, and he probably wouldn't even think twice.

Finally I will conclude by saying I am excited to see that my post awhile ago has grown so large. I am thinking of writing a strain review not only for the ivapor but for mmj dispensaries around SF, so stay tuned for that folks! I will do my first entry tomorrow morning.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314250023

would love to see an iVapor cartridge and cartridge location review.

has anyone tasted the Gentleman's THC Stick refill cartridges at the Apothacarium SF ?
looking at the menu photo - they look like colored ivapor carts
the cart threads and size look the same...
perhaps they will work in an iVapor ?
about 75x doses per cartridge.

Green – Super Sour Diesel
Blue – Blue Dream
Orange – Skywalker OG
White – White Widow

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

If you test one out on an iVapor make sure to let us know if it works lol.

Posted 8/29/2011

TO CONFIRM: I asked a collective around my area in socal that carries the thc stick carts and they told me the carts are for the 510 threading, which the ivapor uses

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1505819490
  • Followers: 69

If the ivapor uses the 510 then our carts will not work on it.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1319754569

interesting.. anybody wanna machine and patent a converter piece, basically a cylinder with both threads for switching..?

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

lol hiroshima, I was wondering if someone would try that. Go for it!

Posted 8/29/2011

if we can figure out the threading of the omicron carts, i know where to get converters

Posted 8/29/2011

Lol I love how everyone's trying to figure out the best way to get a great deal on everything.

I'm not sure what the threads look like but u can probably try a plumbing store and look for the right adapters Or maybe even home depot

Posted 8/29/2011

what color is the light on your guys' ivapor? mine is white, but on the berner and wiz video it's blue. just wondering about everyone else

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1330912800

keep one rolled.. Mine is blue and in alil longer than the one with the white button but i think it looks better. and the one with the white button sticks out lil so if its in your pocket it can press down. The one i have with the blue light doesnt stick out past the ivapor. ANd the white button ones dont blink after like 5 - 7 seconds then turn off. It does this on the blue one so you dont hold the button toooo long and over heat the atomizer.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

The white one blinks actually. That's the one I have. And ya, I've had the button get pushed in my pocket, it was pretty lame. The cartridge tasted like burned metal after that. Good thing I was at 95+ hits already lol.

I actually just got back from a smoke shop trying to find a small cigar case or something to hold the iVapor in so it doesn't turn on in my pocket again. Any recommendations?

Posted 8/29/2011

o ok i see now. i was trippin like wtf the lights blue haha.. thats the only difference then besides the length of the button. as long as it gets the job done!

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1330912800

You gotta see the difference between the two. There's no difference in wat it does but out of the two you'll want the blue light one.. some of the the whitw light one come with this black plastic piece that covers the but so it doesn't push the button in your pocket.. ill get a couple pics up and show u guys.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

I feel a little ripped off now lol. I want one of those black plastic pieces, at least.. I've seen a pic of that, I just really think about it once I got the piece.

Posted 8/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

Bah, wish I could edit my posts..

Posted 8/30/2011

when i get my ego in a couple days, im goin to go down to one of my shop that carries omicron and test out the cartridge fitment