Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 12/12/2011
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

I have an ATMOS vape pen i just picked up and havent had any problems with it or the cartridges ive been using. i see alot of good things being said about the omicron. from my understanding both pens have the same threading. whats the major differences between these two pens?

Posted 12/12/2011
Thumb-1314057949
  • Reviews: 1
  • Followers: 4
  • Following: 1

To put it simply, Atmos batteries don't last as long between charges (I forget exactly how much less, something like 30%), and the Atmos company offers inferior support when compared to THC Scientific, the creators of the Omicron.

Posted 12/13/2011
  • Followers: 5

Atmos doesnt't really offer inferior customer support, they just aren't on the forums, I'm sure if you contact them through the website like I did they are great.

Posted 12/13/2011

thanks for the input guys. i just put my pen on the charger. i was reading the manual and it said to charge for a full 8 hours the first 3 charges.

Posted 12/13/2011
Thumb-1314057949

@Dave Compare replacement policies.

Posted 12/13/2011

Replacement policies? I am pretty sure Atmos guarantees the batteries and chargers for 1 year. Is there something wrong with that? I know Thc scientific has a $30 replacement deal after the warranty is out, but after the warranty is out atmos extra battery is only $45.

Posted 12/13/2011
Thumb-1314057949

True. That was just one example, and you pointed out the $15 difference. It's funny to see you make light of that $15 difference, though, when you spent so much time trying to convince people how much cheaper Atmos is.. I showed you the math: it is only $10 cheaper (and, of course, a weaker battery).

Like I said, I wanted to keep my answer simple. But to get into more detail: I've made a purchase from Atmos before. I encountered a problem with my order, and as a result of that problem I have first-hand experience with their customer service. They ignored several of my emails, and when on the phone with customer support, they didn't make things easier. I actually had to call back several times because the woman repeatedly answering the phone for customer service was capable of providing *zero* support aside from taking down my number.

I also had one small issue with an order from THC Scientific, and within 2 hours they replied to my message and had a new shipment being sent out to me.

So ya.. Inferior customer service from Atmos compared to THC Scientific. No doubt.

Posted 12/13/2011

I'm sorry funky pipe, but I've experienced the opposite. The reason I like atmos so much is the customer service i received. When I first ordered my atmos battery and charger only, for some reason my credit card got charged twice, I then called, but because it was late and 3 hours ahead of time in Florida, they didn't answer at 10pm, I emailed them and got a response that they would have the accountant in the morning call me to verify my account was re-credited. I was also given a free carrying case for my inconvenience, even though I think it was my computers fault.

I'm not saying atmos' customer service is superior or better than anyone's, it's just not bad, in my case it was great, I'm sorry if it wasnt the same for you funky pipe, but we've also both seen people on here not satisfied with the Omicron and complaining about them not answered emails.

Posted 12/13/2011
Thumb-1314057949

lol @ "funky pipe"

Maybe I just had bad luck with their support. It happens.

Posted 12/13/2011

Lol, I guess I never really looked at your name, or at least I was high before I typed it out.

Posted 12/14/2011
Thumb-1505819490
  • Followers: 69

Only reason we dont answer emails is because when people enter their emails it comes back as wrong on our side, so our responses dont get through.

It is not our fault that people enter wrong return emails and get no response. We answer emails 24/7.

Posted 12/14/2011
Thumb-1316367985
  • Followers: 44

The Atmos is packaged exactly the same way the Omicron from two years ago was.... Just a different name. I think I know who to trust.

Posted 12/20/2011

This is the email is I get from THC Scientific. I was nice to you guys explaining my matter, but whoever was responding to me was very rude in handling the issue with the item that was supposed to be sent to me. All I wanted was a proper diligence and it seems like I'm asking too much from them. Now, I get "ZERO" response from THCScientific. What's the deal THCScientific? Do I need to post in public forums to show everyone how I am being mistreated just to get an answer from you guys? Here is the emails I sent including my payment and their response before they just completely ignored me:

Send: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:43 PM
To: Support Team(Support@THCScientific.com)

I would appreciate a follow-up response regarding this matter. Would you mind explaining to me what is taking so long?

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 4:35 PM
To: ɱᴚ Ū(im2gr82u2h8on@live.com)
Subject: Re: Fw: Thc Scientific would like to be paid through PayPal

Ok you have to understand that once you place the order it will not be at the usps office untill the next day, they have the package, they update slow, your package was given to them on the 14th. We will try to resolve this by contacting them directly.

On 12/16/2011 3:54 PM, ɱᴚ Ū(im2gr84u2h8on@live.com) wrote:
To Whom This May Concern:
I checked this tracking no. and spoke to USPS on the phone just now and they have no record of receiving this item as of yet. All they have is the notification that they should expect to receive the package on 12/14/11, but they have not received it, yet, which means-the package is still in the sender's possession. Would you please double-check that this was sent out since USPS does not have a record of receiving it?
Thanks,
Mr. U

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:46 PM
To: ɱᴚ Ū(im2gr84u2h8on@live.com)
Subject: Re: Fw: Thc Scientific would like to be paid through PayPal

It was picked up by USPS today. Here is your tracking number 9405510200986006456026

On 12/15/2011 3:36 PM, ɱᴚ Ū(im2gr84u2h8on@live.com) wrote:
Hi,

Has this order been sent out yet?

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:46 AM
To: im2gr84u2h8on@live.com
Subject: Thc Scientific would like to be paid through PayPal

Dec 13, 2011 11:46:14 PST

Hello im2gr84u2h8on@live.com,

Thc Scientific would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant
Thc Scientific
Note from merchant
Omicron Trade In Deal.

Description Amount
Goods $35.18 USD
Total $35.18 USD

Pay with PayPal
Thc Scientific would like you to use PayPal - the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. Click the Pay Now to continue.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at: https://www.paypal.com/us/help

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, log in to your PayPal account and go to your Profile to update your settings.

PayPal Email ID PP1525

Attention: THCScientific! Where is the order that I placed on 12/13/11? Why is it taking so long to track, receive, or even get a follow-up response to the emails I sent you?

Posted 12/20/2011

Because they have the best customer service. That's pretty F'd up man. I usually order cartridges from delta 9vapes and since it's around LA area it gets to me in Norcal in like 3 days. Come on Thc scientific what is up with this guys package? You should hook him up with extra cartridges if this really happened.

Posted 12/20/2011
Thumb-1314057949

The post office is notorious for horrible tracking. If he sent it, which he said he did, it's on the way. There isn't much else anyone can do to help you gather information on your package's whereabouts.

If you live in CA, your package will typically show up in about 2-3 days after shipped. If you live further, it'll take longer. Also, keep in mind this is the holiday season, every post office is busy as hell. My first package from THC Scientific arrived in 2 days, but because of how busy the post office is right now, my recent delivery took 4 days. That's just how it goes.

Relax, your package will show up. :)

Posted 12/20/2011
Thumb-1314057949

@Dave lol what? Did you even read the messages? They said it was shipped. Then the guy asks for an update on the order. There is no update because it's still in the mail! This guy just needs to be patient. USPS isn't known for speedy deliveries, especially around Christmas..

Posted 12/21/2011

It doesn't sound like it got shipped if it's a week later and there is no information. It at least didn't get shipped the day after he ordered. I have gotten tons of packages USPS, their tracking is better than ups in my experience, it's not that bad. I usually get info on tracking the same day, sometimes it takes 1 full day for them to update, but it will tell me that it's out to be shipped in my city the morning before it arrives, so I know they update it every time it goes somewhere new or going somewhere new.

Posted 12/21/2011

Funkinpye I understand your going to defend anything negative said about Omicron, but I bet you would pissed if you ordered something a week ago your not even sure if it's shipped yet, let alone still being shipped and having to wait. I know it kills me every day I open my mailbox and something I expect isn't there, it happened with some glass I ordered recently so I know how it feels, it took over a week later than planned and the seller wouldn't communicate until I filed a dispute.

Posted 12/21/2011
Thumb-1314057949

@Dave I think you are a nice enough guy, but I think you exaggerate basically every claim make against THC Scientific. I see you constantly disregard logic just to get in a few negative comments in. It's a little frustrating to read sometimes.

This dude made an order on 12/13 (possibly at night, which is basically like ordering on the 14th). They bring it to the post office on the 14th, it ships on the 14-15th. The tracking fails (very common with USPS), so they can't see where the package has gone. And for all we know, he could live as far as Maine, so the delivery is going to take more time that Californians expect. There is *nothing* abnormal about this situation.

I understand this dude's perspective, I'd want my Omicron asap, too. But slamming the company on a public forum isn't the right way to go about it. Especially when if anyone is to blame, it'd be the post office for not providing tracking.

Posted 12/21/2011

Talk about frustrating to read, pretty much everyone on this forum takes what Thc scientific says as words from god. I sometimes think it's hilarious because he literally has dedicated followers like you who are here go explain why any little thing goes wrong and boast about all the good they're doing. I don't see other companies promising 10,000 cartridges to forum members only to never hear about it again. What about these new cartridges promised for January? How long will everyone have to wait for those? We hear that problems occurred and they weren't up to standards, but those are things you should consider when making a release date to people who want to buy your product.

Posted 12/21/2011
Thumb-1316367985

So don't take his word as gods then........

He aimed for a release date and didn't want to put his name on an inferior product. So he didn't hit the initial date, what now? Bitch about it or support his choice to only release the best, those are your options.

Posted 12/21/2011
Thumb-1505819490
  • Followers: 69

All i can say is if you check that tracking number they got notification of the shipment.

It was not updated at the time when he wrote the emails but its there now.

So please dont come on the boards and try to resolve issues. If your item is no there by Thursday we will replace it.

As for everyone else who thinks our customer service is bad then thats your opinion.

Posted 12/21/2011

Yo Dave-

All I know I that I sent back my batt and charger (Fried charger fried the batteries...) and it came back unbelievably fast. I was blown away. I mailed in my box on Wednesday night I had my set back early Monday afternoon.

Customer Support: HANDS DOWN THE BEST. Other companies offering regular everyday product could learn a thing or two about customer service from THC SCIENTIFIC.

Posted 12/21/2011

@Dave
Have you ordered anything this holiday season? Three separate orders I've placed in the last two weeks didn't show up on USPS' tracking page till they arrived at my studio.
Holiday shipping is beyond any vendor's power and your grinding THC smells of an agenda.

I needed a new battery for the Omicron, spoke to THC one evening, and it was at my door the next day, less than 24 hrs. Granted that's unlikely to happen during the holidays but it's a testament to THC's attentiveness. On another shipment, he contacted me to tell me he'd forgotten to send out my order and graciously aded to my order to make up for it.

You find it hilarious that satisfied customers are loyal to a company that delivered a revolutionary product and offers even more in the near future? You're already complaining about how long you'll have to wait for something that's not due out till next month?
And would you prefer that THC didn't enthusiastically share his ideas and plans for the future? Isn't that what patrons of a forum look for?

We all want our deliveries right away and we all want things to go just how we'd like but at times the lack of patience and diplomacy in your tone reminds me of a 24 yr old who needs to move out of his Mom's basement, get a job, kiss a girl, and get some perspective.

Consider stepping back and taking a breath, life is good and from my perspective, THCSci is adding to the goodness.
Or continue to sour the threads with negativity, your choice.

Posted 12/28/2011

these forums have some heated discussions, lol. i personally love my atmos pen and have not had a single problem with it. however, im always willing to try something new.

@ conman: i can see you being happy with your pen and thinking it's the best. however, claiming that the company you bought your pen from "has the best quality service, hands down!" is foolish. unless you've had a personal experience with every other vapor pens companies customer service then thatyou're just typing nonsense.

i love checking these forums to see what's in the new with vapor pens but always have to end up sorting through all of the bs. This being said, i love a heated discussion where facts are presented against other facts, not fanboys defending the product they purchased by slandering and making false claims

Posted 12/28/2011
  • Reviews: 6
  • Followers: 2

Funny you mention the bs arguments here. I mainly chose an atmos pen over omicron because the omicron guys are always on here stirring up bs arguments with just about everyone. To me that seems very unprofessional. I've used an omicron and it works exactly like my atmos to the letter. Only difference was I didn't want to give my money to people who get all frumpy every time someone has a difference of opinion.

Posted 12/29/2011
  • Following: 2

I agree... not once have you seen a negative post about the omicron that wasnt immediatly followed up by one of THC's "message board minions" loyally defending it as if they are a consumer and not on his pay roll....
what a joke I wish there was a alternative.

Posted 12/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

Y'all are being ignorant. Consumers jumping to the defense of a product says good things about that product. No one on this forum is being paid aside from THC and maybe DubC. Happy customers willing to defend a product = a good thing. A lot of us were using this forum before THC Scientific even announced their product. A lot of us were iVapor fans and felt ripped off by the product, which is when we discovered the Omicron and opened up discussion about it.

Nay-say'ers tend to exaggerate their claims and make up "facts". The people you are bad-mouthing are actually trying to help you make a more informed decision. Don't you think we'd want to buy Atmos products if they were superior? We're consumers looking for the best product, just like you. I've laid down solid numbers in attempt to make it clear how absurd some of these negative comments are. Make of that what you will, though.

And go ahead mocking people because you feel like a rebel. The Atmos has ~38% less longevity per charge compared to an Omicron and is roughly the same price. In other words: Your rebellion has netted you an inferior product.

Posted 12/29/2011
Thumb-1314057949

That was directed at headyeddie and pit, by the way..

Posted 12/29/2011

Considering that I have to charge my iPhone just about daily and my atmos once every couple of weeks lol, I feel confident that this product is not inferior to any others out there. Like I stated before, I've used an omicron before and it is perfectly fine just like my atmos or my buddy's e-skillet. They are all just batteries and heating elements made by some kids in china so really they are nothing special. The one thing I really do like about omicron is their refillable metal cartridge which I haven't seen from anyone else. In fact, I have been to many dispensaries that carry the omicron refillable cart but not their pens. They carry atmos pens and pre-filled carts. To me that means something.

I don't mind omicron users defending their purchases, in fact I respect their loyalty and think it's cool. However, when the owners and reps (or whatever those guys are) act desperate and argumentative on these forums, it makes me feel less inclined to purchase from them, that's all.

This is just my personal opinion, so if anyone disagrees, that's cool with me and I can respect that. Just don't get all bent out of shape every time someone else has a different opinion.

Posted 12/30/2011
Thumb-1316367985

Please be specific about your claims. I have used every Vape pen out there, including the new "nor cal cart", and the omicron is the only one using pure concentrate. Are you smoking your Vape pen to get medicated or blow out fat clouds of glycerine?

I let Countyman Dave cruise to my house to discourage some of this tension and we had a great time. Call me any time you have a problem with me and we can talk about it.

Posted 12/30/2011
Thumb-1316367985

Please be specific about your claims. I have used every Vape pen out there, including the new "nor cal cart", and the omicron is the only one using pure concentrate. Are you smoking your Vape pen to get medicated or blow out fat clouds of glycerine?

I let Countyman Dave cruise to my house to discourage some of this tension and we had a great time. Call me any time you have a problem with me and we can talk about it.

Posted 12/30/2011

I usually take a rip off the bong to medicate but got interested in the vape pen idea as a method to medicate when I'm away from home (which I often am these days) but the damn prefilled carts I was getting were worthless until I got the norcal ones which actually medicate me after a couple of puffs. I usually hold it in so almost no vapor is exhaled unless I blow it out quickly. I like the omicron refillable metal cart but usually do not have access to oils and such to fill them. I also tend to lose a good amount of oil due to leaky carts when I fill my own but I don't rule out that it may be my own fault not filling or storing them properly but I have seen the videos showing how to fill them and followed them to the "t". I am also on the move a lot so I can't really keep the pen upright so nothing leaks out. In fact, it is in my pocket half the time so I like the pre-filled carts that are ready to go, don't leak a bit no matter how I store it, and actually medicate me. I still haven't seen any omicron carts at the clubs I go to that are filled with oil, just empty ones; although I would love to try one if you could point me in the right direction.

No matter what vape pen or cartridge is best, I still prefer my bong and some heady flowers. Once a vape pen can match that effect for me, I'll be super stoked. But these pens sure get me out of jams when I need them to.

Thanks for the reply dubcrider. On a side note, your name sounds familiar. Are you associated with those freeboard skateboards?

Posted 12/30/2011
Thumb-1316367985

Indeed I am! You ride? Come out to SF and chill man, I'll show you some tricks with the Omicron. Im in Tahoe for the night but I'll be back tomorrow. Let me know when is good for you.

Posted 12/30/2011

That's awesome man those board are sick! I got a chance to ride one a few years back at a snow expo in san mateo. Now if we could could just get some effin snow in the mountains I could be up riding rather than jibber jabbering on these silly forums lol. I went to kirkwood last monday and I should have brought a mountain bike it was so damn bare up there!

Posted 12/30/2011
Thumb-1316367985

Haha! I'm in south lake now about to blow clouds in the casino. I was there for sure in San Mateo. Core extream sports or something. Pretty funny we have met in a past life, haha! The roads are dry all the way up, I haven't seen snow yet but I did drive up from sac when it was dark. The Omicron is working great at 41degrees outside!

Posted 12/31/2011

hey dubc, the 'nor cal cart' is a cartridge, not a vapor pen. in fact, you can use the 'nor cal cart' on omicrons or atmos'.

from my understanding, couldn't you also fill your own omicron cart and use it with an atmos pen?

Posted 1/1/2012
Thumb-1316367985

I know it's a cart, I used it on my Omicron. You can use whatever you want however you want but nothing is promised to work. In reality it's all interchangeable with the correct threading.

Posted 1/2/2012
Thumb-1291237769
  • Reviews: 2
  • Followers: 1

I was wondering how many time you can refill a cart? I recently just filled a cart with some harborside oil and it was not heating up. Is there a way that i can get the oil out ?

Posted 1/2/2012
Thumb-1316367985

There is no definite number of refills, that's why only one fill is suggested. Always check to see if the cart is getting hot before you fill.

Make sure you are not buying dark colored ISO extracted oils.

Posted 1/2/2012
Thumb-1291237769
  • Reviews: 2

One fill per cart? that seems low, I was thinking at least three times.

Posted 1/2/2012
Thumb-1316367985

I would say five fills is a common number I have been hearing but as I said, it's on you.

Posted 11/17/2012
Thumb-1352783435
  • Following: 3

What has been updated on v2.5 ?

Posted 3/5/2014

If you get the Atmos, take the stupid spring out, pull the mouthpiece off and remove the ceramic filter, permanent filter with the little piece of screen in it, and just stuff a regular screen in the hole where the rubber mouthpiece goes in and put the mouthpiece back on. It will hit 100% better and allow the herb to cook by more hot air pulled through it rather than just cooking on the heating element, removal of the spring allows you to pack the chamber completely full and just use the tamping tool to tamp it down, and it will burn more evenly, all the spring does is get clogged up with resin and bits of herb. This pipe does combust but you can get some good vape hits too if you get a feel for the time you hold down the button, I smoke too so it's not a problem, I love this thing, works way better now than it did out of the box and is more efficient and doesn't burn as much bud and I can get killer hits off it, I recommend this thing if you're not a vape purist, definitely gives ya a good vape type high, and allows you to cook the hell out of your bud after that to get every drop out, I love it.

Posted 3/6/2014

The biggest prob with the atmos ( for those who don't care that it combusts ) is the heating chamber gets clogged up, the air intake holes into the chamber are just pinholes.

Posted 3/13/2014

Okay I've had this thing for a month now and after both loving and hating it, loving when it works, hating when it doesn't work, I finally got it down and it hits like a motherfucker consistently every time now. Only put one or two hits in it at a time, don't pack it down too tight, re-pack it down a little after every hit, and most importantly after bowl clean it out good with the brush and then burn it with nothing in it till you can see the heating element glow bright and clean. It's a bit of work but the heating element gets covered in gunk pretty fast and you won't even be able to see it glowing, so it doesn't burn or hit worth a shit, if you clean it good after every single bowl then it burns and hits good.

Posted 5/15/2014
Thumb-1400193172

There are many differences actually. The Omicron is a little harder to load, and a little odd in shape. Other than that it destroys the Atmos when it comes to vaping.

If you vape concentrates you can load about 5 times the amount into the Omicron. Plus you can take much bigger hits.

I rarely use my Atmos now, but I have my Omicron with me at all times. Just chilling at home on the couch, or out at a concert or something.

My Omicron Review http://www.bakedvapereviews.com/omicron-vaporizer-review/

Posted 7/9/2014
Thumb-1404904555

Hello ,this is Harry from China babyton company, our factory produce electronic cigarette cartridge for

dry herb,wax,Cannabis,Hemp CBD oil & medicinal marijuana oil and ego ce4/evod mt3 kit ,my email

address sales04@babytoncig.com pls feel free to contact me anytime if you want to wholesale or you

have a vape shop ,thanks a lot . our website : https://www.babytoncig.com

Post Removed
Posted 3/8/2015
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.