Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 6/7/2014
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

Trying to treat facial never pain, (the after effects of trigeminal Neuralgia Post microvasular decompression), Patulous Eustachian tube, Tinnitus, bruxism, dizziness and nausea from calcium stones in balance canals of my inner ear. So far so good.... got my card... been munching on some candies I already had but are not clearly labeled so I'm not sure what they are. I want to get off some of these crazy medications I'm on. Seems to be working great, but my ADHD and endometriosis/cronic pelvic pain don't seen phased by it..... When I do the searches on leafly nothing in around hear.... I need something for nerve pain, ringing in the ears, Patulous Eustachian tube (hearing your own voice breathing because your eustachain tube stays open... yeah it sucks), nausea..... the nausea, ADHD and Patulous Eustachian tube/ringing in the ears are the worst symptoms. Any ideas on where to start.

Posted 6/7/2014
Thumb-1404077566
  • Reviews: 12

I's start with a low THC/high CBD, sativa-dominant strain or edible for daytime - good for pain without getting too spaced out or disorganized - and something indica dominant for evening use.

Edibles are tricky to titrate and really easy to over-do, which can lead to a very unpleasant experience. While a good dispensary can recommend a milder edible to start with, personally, I'd buy the flowers and vape them - it's much easier to find the right dose as the effects are more immediate. Start with one or two puffs, give yourself a half hour, take another puff or two if the first dose wasn't enough. Vaping is way better for your health, I'd advise against smoking as it's not good for your lungs. The Magic Flight Launch Box is a great, relatively inexpensive portable vaporizer.

Here's some recommended reading to start with - The Pot Book by Dr. Julie Holland and Marijuana Medical Handbook by Ed Rosenthal & Dale Gieringer

Hope that helps.

Posted 6/8/2014
Thumb-1404077566
  • Reviews: 12

As far as ADHD symptoms, I find that Red Congolese and Durban Poison are really good for focus during the daytime. If anxiety is an issue but you still need to get things done, Girl Scout Cookies is another great strain.

For nerve pain (sciatica & migraine sufferer here) a high CBD Sativa dominant is the way to go. .Jamaican Lion is the perfect pain relieving strain for daytime IMHO - it's sativa dominant so it helps with focus and leaves you pretty functional. There's a difficult to find stain called Lemon Aid that, at least for me, has the pain relieving strength of a narcotic without that weird, disconnected feeling. At the same time, it does make me a bit too hazy to get a lot of work done - weird given that it's only 1% THC- but if I'm in a lot of pain and I need something that will work fast it's the strain I go to first .

At night I find Purple Nepal or Afgoo helps relieve my pain and puts me to sleep. I feel far less groggy in the morning than I if take two Tylenol PM.

Posted 10/22/2014
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0

When I first started using MMJ I felt so overwhelmed and confused. But I found this online course that guides you through all the steps to figuring out the right strains for you, and everything else you need to do to be a MMJ patient. It’s great if you are more of a visual or auditory learner, and has all these demos on how to use different methods of smoking and using different online resources. I found a lot of basic information in books and online guides but this one is more step by step and comprehensive.

It’s called “The Patient-to-Patient Guide to Medical Marijuana” and I think it is on sale right now.. here is the link:

https://www.udemy.com/the-patient-to-patient-guide-to-medical-marijuana/?couponCode=MMJSALE

Hope that helps!