Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 3/13/2014
Thumb-1394739533
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

We are in Alabama and my husband is a Veteran suffering from PTSD, TBI, Anxiety, Depression and Fibro.... we visit our VA often but he's trying to finish up his Phd and the meds make him loopy. I would be so grateful if anyone was willing to help us obtain, oil or wax.... I am not even sure I can legally do that, if someone could help me with that I'd be so grateful as well.

Posted 3/13/2014
Thumb-1372520964
  • Reviews: 1

First off, thank you for your husband's service and the sacrifices he and your family have made for our country.

Unfortunately, Alabama has not legalized medical cannabis, so you will not be able to acquire these medicines legally. And you will not find legal dispensaries in other states willing to ship to you because it is prohibited by their own state laws.

This leaves you with finding cannabis illegally and along risks that come with that - or moving to a state where cannabis has been legalized for medical or adult use.

The good new is that there are many veterans and civilians suffering from PTSD that have had a lot of success using cannabis to help cope with their symptoms. And many of those using cannabis have been able to rid themselves of previously prescribed pharmaceuticals with far more debilitating side effects.

And, the Dept of Veterans Affairs is formally allowing patients to use medical cannabis if they are treated at their hospitals in states where medical cannabis has been legalized.

Hope this information helps ...

Posted 3/13/2014
Thumb-1372520964
  • Reviews: 1

Here's a link to an article on the VA ruling:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/health/policy/24veterans.html