Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 1/7/2014
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

Hi all,

Short history- six years chronic pain, morphine, and all the others.
Now, also on anti-depression meds, for pain, not depression. Finally looking here.
What is best for pain? And would edible or a pill be better if i do not want to smoke it?
And most importantly, what will give me the least high but best for pain?
I have no idea how to understand your scales and rating system.
Thank you, I am desperate to get off these pharmaceuticals!

Fred

Posted 1/7/2014
Thumb-1372520964
  • Reviews: 1

Welcome, Fred!

Sorry to hear about your chronic pain and medication challenges. Hopefully cannabis can help the pain and reduce the medication you're taking.

Where do you live? I'd recommend finding visiting a high quality dispensary that will help answer your questions and recommend appropriate medicine for your condition.

To answer your questions, edibles and pills can give a very different effect than smoking cannabis. This effect can be a lot stronger and more debilitating than smoking, and last much longer, so I would proceed with caution with these types of medications, if you're a beginner. Again, working with a quality dispensary would help guide you on these products and appropriate dosage. That doesn't mean they won't be right for you, but you should be careful and start slowly.

If you have an aversion to smoking cannabis flowers, you might explore vaporizing flowers, which is similar to smoking except you use a vaporizer to turn the flowers into a vapor that you inhale. It is healthier and does not produce a smoky order.

You'll find flowers are categorized as Indicas and Sativas. Generally speaking, Indicas give you a more physical effect and Sativas give you a more psychological effect. Indicas can be good for pain, apitite stimulation and as a sleep aid. Whereas, Sativas can be good for concentration, creativity and energy. That said, every is unique and it's best to approach these strains with an open mind to determine what works best for you.

If you're seeking cannabis that will give you the best pain relief while feeling the least high, check out CBD-rich cannabis strains. These strains can be harder to find as they're relatively new to the community, but they're known to have rich medicinal properties often without the "high" feeling you associate with marijuana.

Let us know where you're located and we can recommend some dispensaries to check out.

And here's a link to the rating system used on this site - it also explains Sative and Indica classifications in more detail:

https://www.stickyguide.com/blog/a-guide-to-the-stickytype-cannabis-classification-system

Posted 1/7/2014

Wow, thank you so much for the helpful response.
After I wrote the questions I found the CBD information. I guess there are oils and capsules that isolate the CBDs.
What do you think about those?
In sleeping on this whole idea, I came to conclude that I still have the issue of a job that will drug test me. Its true that the doctors are the main drug dealers...and I am sure that the years of opioids cause far more damage to me then pot would. Crazy!
So, as far as where I am...las vegas is my nearest big city. I do come to northern Ca. for work sometimes. I could visit a dispensary. Do I need a card or anything to do that? I don't know about any of this...sorry.
Thanks again.

Posted 1/7/2014
Thumb-1372520964
  • Reviews: 1

I personally don't have any experience with CBD-rich oils and capsules, so I can't give you any advice on that. I do know that there are recommended ways to ramp up dosage of CBD-rich oils, like Rick Simpson Hemp Oil (RSHO), that allow you to slowly increase your dosage, so you can still function relatively normally throughout the day without having major issues like those I described with edibles. You might want to check out the main RSHO site at http://phoenixtears.ca/.

I can't advise you on work drug testing. You'd have to consult with an attorney in Nevada and understand of you can be exempt from testing for cannabis.

The medical cannabis industry in Nevada is still very unregulated. It's all delivery services at this time although the state is expected to start allowing storefront dispensaries to open later this year. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the services there, so I can't recommend one. As far as visiting dispensaries in California - you would have to get a CA id and a recommendation from a CA doctor. You might be better off going to Colorado where adult use is now legal.

Posted 2/15/2014
Thumb-1429912862
  • Reviews: 4

Hi Fred,

In the whole scheme of things I'm a relative newbie as well.. at least in using cannabis to treat my back pain, and for me it's all been trial and error. I have read repeatedly that high cbd-content is the way to go for pain, but I have found those products to be largely ineffective at negating the pain. That being said, there are a lot of these products on the market, some combined with other strains and I will continue to experiment.

I have found that edibles definitely have an pain-relief effect, and for me personally, a sativa-heavy hybrid seems to work the best. Again, Indica's are said to help with pain releif, but I do better when it's sativa-dominant. That being said, since all edibles are made with different strains of cannibis and that information is not readily available, I find some more effective than others. Bhang hybrid chocolates and Cheeba Chews hybrid both work nicely for me.

As far as smoking goes, I have tried different strains recommended by the dispensary. They recommended an indica-heavy hybrid which was nice, but not as helpful as I would have liked. To date, the very best strain I have found for pain releif, and the one I come back to again and again is Blue Dream. Smoking it is the most effective (the pain literally disappears!!!) but since I'm prone to lung issues I have tried to stick with vaporizing... which is, admittedly, a slightly different, more subtle high, but still effective.

My best advice to you is to continue to read as much as possible to learn about the plants and then experiement. I know this can get a tad expensive, but honestly, I feel like with so much out there on the market, it's imperative to find out what works best with your specific body chemistry, and you wont find that information online.. you will feel it in your response to the medication!

I hope this helps a bit... and best of luck to you!

Posted 3/18/2014

Hello
This is my first post on this site happy to find you here!

My experience with dry ice keif seems to relieve pain pretty well
you can put 1 tsp into anything you eat or drink and fill pretty good.

all you need to make it is a 1 gallon bag/160mic works OK and some dry ice
put your donated sugar trim from a friend into the bag about 1 gallon baggie split in half
than put 3 chucks of dry ice in there/shake the bag over a 5 gallon bucket...gentle like for 1 minute intervals.
stop when the kief starts turning green.

Enjoy

Post Removed
Posted 10/22/2014
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.