Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 6/26/2013
Thumb-1377493374
  • Reviews: 28
  • Followers: 2
  • Following: 4

Has anyone out there ever had a problem with airport security taking your pills and not letting you on the plane?
It's a little different this time flying Delta I will not check a bag cause they want $25 each way!!! to do it Rip off!!!
Has anyone just carried the pills in their carry on bag or will this present a problem and I should just reach for the tortilla crips and hard candy instead?

Posted 6/29/2013
Thumb-1372521588
  • Reviews: 3
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

What airport are you flying out of? Most airports in medical marijuana states will allow you to fly with your meds. I doubt they'd even know what the pills were if they found them. There's a long thread on this forum discussing this topic. I'm too lazy right now to find it up just look though the threads. Talks abound flying with weed.

Posted 6/30/2013
Thumb-1377493374

Thanks for responding and I understand about the long thread it's happening to me too. I'm flying out of Sacramento International but it's the little town I'm landing in that I'm more worried about. Good to know the info you said. What my paranoid mind thinks they are going to see what state I'm going fly into, which is the non cannabis friendly state that's for sure! Security guy says, wait a minute you can't go with that to that state not let me on the plane. But it seems that won't be the case.

Posted 7/1/2013
Thumb-1372521588
  • Reviews: 3

Here's the thread I was referring to:

https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/79

I don't think you'll have any problems. The Sacramento airport is where you'll go through your screening. I would just throw the pills in your carry on. If you have another container like a vitamin container that you can store them instead of the original packaging then you can save yourself the hassle if TSA gives you any trouble. But the worst case scenario is TSA finds the pills and then turns you over to the Sacramento Police. The Sac PD will let you keep the pills and go on your way to your flight because the respect CA medical marijuana law. It's extremely unlikely that the TSA will contact your destination airport to alert them of your arrival. Good luck and don't stress!

Posted 7/21/2013
Thumb-1377493374

Thanks for the advice and my next upcoming trip to Vegas I will bring what I need and not worry about it. I really want to take a cannapsule before the HIM concert :)

Posted 7/1/2016
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0

Hey all.

I know this thread is years long. But I too am going on a trip via plane. I want to carry canna caps on my carry on concealed in an Advil liqui gels bottle. Sadly I do not have a medical card.. Any advice?