Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 10/7/2012
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

I just stumbled across this thread while looking for some information on the Atmos RX Stratus pen I just bought. I can't seem to find much about it, aside from sites trying to sell it, so I figured I'd chime in on my experience with it so far. I know this is a pretty old thread, but I thought someone might be interested or have some feedback to offer.

I just picked this up at a shop in Austin, Texas because I've been using disposable electronic cigarettes (yes, as in nicotine - hope that doesn't get me kicked out of the club). I wanted to invest in a nicer, reusable set up, and this little guy is quite pretty. As you can see from the plethora of sites selling this particular setup, it comes with a nice little cigarette-holder-sized case and a charger. On the surface, I love it.

The problem is this: when I try to take a drag, it takes quite a bit of effort just to get the light to turn on and the atomizer to do its thing. Even the crappy disposable ecigs I've been using pull more easily than this thing. Which is why I was digging around for more info on it. I was wondering if there was some way to fix this, or if that's just what I'm going to be stuck with.

That said, I'll try to answer some of the questions that others have posted in this thread about this particular model, in case anyone's still actually interested.

I bought the silver one, and was disappointed when I realized the rounded, silver end actually lit up, even though it doesn't look like it would. I don't like the lights on these things. I think they're cheesy, and they draw unnecessary attention.

Price: For a battery, a case, and a charger, this guy was a bit over $50. The empty carts were sold separately, at just under $3 each.

Carts: I'm not sure what they're made of, but they look the same as the various other ecigs I've pulled apart. I'm not convinced it's anything natural (like cotton, as someone was asking), but I could be wrong. I'm using nicotine/ecig drops, and they seem to hold quite a bit. I haven't had one run out yet, but I've only been using it for about a day and a half. Haven't had any leaking issues. Like Dave said, there's quite a bit of room between the end of the cart and the wick thing (what's that actually called?) inside.

Battery: I charge pretty consistently when I'm not using, so I haven't had it die on me yet. If someone wanted, though, I could give it a good charge overnight, then not charge it until it dies, and let you guys know how long it lasts. To note, though, I treat these things like never-ending cigarettes, so I probably use them a lot more than the average user in this forum.

I think that's it. Not sure if this is of any use to anyone. But what I'd really like is suggestions on what to do about the crappy pull on this thing. I can't return it, because the shop where I bought it doesn't give refunds. (Lame.) I really do like it, aside from this (kinda major) flaw.

Posted 12/8/2012

Has anyone heard of budvape.com?

It seems they have similar products but a lot cheaper. They have a slick looking website.

Posted 3/5/2013

G-Pen cartomizer worked with my Atmos RX.....

About six months ago, I was given a brand new ATMOS RX Elepoctronic Vaporizer as a payment. Came in that black box with that magnetic closing, nice & chrome. Came with the "main" piece that you screw in the cartridge or chargers (it has the button on it, I am high right now lol I forget the name).
Ok, the box has that, a mouthpiece, usb charger & a charger.

Last week I brought it to 1313/Rascals to finally ask if they have a cartridge cus I saw some dude buy & use an all white (u-pen?) pen. So I brought mine in & the budtender goes upstairs & comes back with his personal gpen. Unscrews it & shows me two decent sized wax dabs & screws it on mine AND IT FITS, YAAAAY!

BUT...

He was on duty so he couldn't do a hit even tho my pen was like 75% charged. Yesterday, I was telling this to a different budtender when she mentioned something along the lines of "it won't work yada yada something about the battery"

Posted 3/5/2013

(hit submit by mistake)

So is there a battery problem with with thw gpen cartridge on an atmosrx unit?

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY USED A GPEN CARBONIZER ON AN ATMOSRX?

Whatever suggestions anyone has, like a link to order online cheap AND good quality (wax only) -- pleaae share,

P.S. if you a forum administrator reads this message can you please message me... there's a serious problem with my username.

Thank you!

-bi0h4z4rd

Posted 10/22/2013

Atmos RX is great pen but it is over price i think! I got vapormax product it is very similar and 5 times cheaper . Heating chamber might create a problem but which is okay coz heating chamber is only $19.99 .. so total cost would be less than 50 bucks and atmos is +$150.. you can read vapormax review at https://www.epuffstore.com/products/631-ago-g5-vaporizer-pen.aspx