Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 8/30/2011
Thumb-1299821459
  • Reviews: 23
  • Followers: 21
  • Following: 0

https://www.stickyguide.com/dispensaries/the-apothecarium/products/rechargeable-pocket-vaporizer

And yet another vape pen has been released. This one apparently uses water vapors. It's cheaper than the Omricon also, and the carts look very similar.

Going to be really interesting to see if people try this one out. Water vapor?

Posted 8/31/2011
Thumb-1314057949
  • Reviews: 1
  • Followers: 4
  • Following: 1

I tried it out. It fits the iVapor, but tastes sweeter (higher glycerin content?) and isn't as potent. But the actual vaporizer is $60.00, that might be worth looking into.

Posted 8/31/2011
Thumb-1314250023
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 3

I tried out a white widow gentleman's stick purchased at the Apothecarium in my iVapor....
I was underwhelmed....
The white sour diesel carts from 1944 ocean collective that came with my iVapor blow them away.
The taste and THC content of the original carts has me spoiled.
Also -
I had high hopes for the Apothacarium
But thier very un patient friendly return policy this evening has left me wondering if they care about having
long term patients at all.....
They have lost many years of future return business from me over a half ounce of very substandard
Durban Poison....when real Durban Poison is back in stock at Medithrive or Sparc perhaps I'll bring some back
to the Apothadon'tcarium so they can learn what it is supposed to smell and taste like.
Got that awesome ripped off feeling in my gut....
Oh well live and learn and never buy any amount over a gram of something you have not actually tried
at a new dispensary even if you are very experienced with a certain strain- real Durban Poison is my all time favorite strain for all the reasons ( distinctive smell and unforgetable taste of chocolate mint and anise / black licorice ....) that were sadly not in this batch.

Posted 9/2/2011
Thumb-1449119853
  • Reviews: 40
  • Followers: 8
  • Following: 10

I got a gentleman's stick. I hadn't heard of iVapor until after I bought it-- so I have nothing to compare it to-- but I like it a lot :)

Posted 9/2/2011
Thumb-1449119853

@funkinpye: So do you think iVapor cartridges could fit a gentleman's stick? I'm curious.

Posted 9/2/2011
Thumb-1314057949

Probably since it works the other way around. I'm not sure if they are calibrated to the same heat, though. The Gentleman's cartridges use some sort of wax, according to one of the bud-tenders. I opened up a dead iVapor cartridge and it has a wad of cotton with some oil in it.. so I don't think they work quite the same? I dunno, though.. maybe give it a try, they'd let you test it if you brought an iVapor cartridhe in, I'm sure. They're really nice people.

Posted 9/2/2011
Thumb-1314057949

I mean at Vapor Room. They let me test the iVapor there before I bought one, so they might let you take the cartridge off and try it on your Gentleman's stick.

Posted 9/9/2011
Thumb-1315846181
  • Followers: 0

anyone else get a GENTLEMAN refill cartridge and use it on their trippystick?
is it really not as good as the "trippy" cartridges??

Posted 9/9/2011
Thumb-1315846181

Apothecarium has "super sour D" "blue dream" "skywalker OG" and "white widow"
curious to know if they are as good as the cartridges that 1st came out for the trippy (wonder if they are made the same way)

Posted 9/9/2011
Thumb-1314057949

The Gentleman's cartridges really are not very good.. my friend and I both tried them, the Skywalker OG and Super Sour D. They taste WAY sweeter than iVapor cartridges (kinda nasty) and they didn't even get me a little high after 5+ rips. I took a rip off my iVapor 15min later and it hit me immediately. It's a big difference..

Posted 9/9/2011
Thumb-1315846181

wow! thx for the heads up...guess if I'm spending $40 I'll stick to the real deal ones @ vaporroom, greendoor, 1944 or waterfall...Sucks they arn't as strong, i'm SO tired of cookies! I hope to find a blackberry or Sour D trippy cart soon in SF!!

Posted 9/10/2011
Thumb-1299821459
  • Reviews: 23
  • Followers: 21

Waterfall Wellness carries them now too!

Posted 9/17/2011
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 5

no way. disagree totally. i just went to apothecarium to get some gentlemans carts and then to vapor room and got an ivapor cart. i used an ivapor for burning both not the gentlemens pen (although i guess they have an ivapor model coming too and XL carts for it omnicon style), and for sure i prefer the new e-18 gmans carts. the last batch was kinda weak (e-16 or whatever) i agree, but i just got the new "CBD MEDICATOR" cart and the new "blue dream" and they fucking kicked my ass compared to the ivapor. think gmens has started taking the cake personally. though i do still prefer the heavy hitting device of the ivapor.

Posted 9/17/2011
Thumb-1505819490
  • Followers: 69

trust us they dont have our cartridges, they cant we will go after them in court and anyone who tries to infringe on our patent.

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1330912800
  • Following: 2

Your patent is only good for your own cart model right? Anyone can make there own cart without cotton right?

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1505819490

Skrilly as long as they don't use our design or try to change one part and then call it theirs. It has to be different.

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1505819490

Plus carts exist without cotton, they just don't work with hash oils.

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1330912800

Forsure.. I hope they don't cone out with them Haha. I'm cool with the cron that is omi

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1505819490

I'm sure someone will design a new one I don't doubt it but we have other things in the works also

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1315846181

anyone had the "pure kush" gentlemen cart yet?
its the newer formula ones...

Posted 9/18/2011
Thumb-1316367985
  • Followers: 44

It tastes like nail polish, skip it.

Posted 9/20/2011
Thumb-1315846181

bump
anyone try the new formulas?
specifically these strains:

-Durban Poison (Sativa)
-Gentleman's Trip (Sativa)
-Cbd Medicater (Indica)
-Granddaddy Purple (Indica)
-Green Dream (Indica)
-Pure Kush (Indica)

Posted 9/20/2011
Thumb-1314057949

I wouldn't even bother trying different strains honestly.. I tried three types, they all tasted horrible and didn't medicate me in the slightest. Considering the cartridges cost as much as an iVapor, if you really want to vaporize cotton and glycerin (and who knows what else), get an iVapor. I've gotta say it though -- just get an Omicron, it'll end up cheaper in the long run, and it's significantly healthier, and has the potential to be much more potent depending on what concentrates you load.

Posted 9/23/2011
Thumb-1449119853

The GDP cartridge is the shit!!!

Skywalker OG tastes ok, but I'm not a fan of OGs. I haven't tried the Pure Kush yet. I'm all about the GDP cartridge-- that's the reason I bought the Gentleman's Stick, and it was totally worth waiting for.

Posted 9/23/2011
Thumb-1449119853

I also agree with what jslinky said-- the new cartridges are totally stronger.

Posted 9/24/2011

yeah . totally. agree with the dude above about the first ones not being as good, but the new gentlemans carts are WAY better than ivapor. i have totally tried the pure kush - first of all its one of their specialty carts only at apothecarium. the one i got was a giant XL sized stainless steel cart, bigger than their others, and it was INSANE.

honestly i dont even think gentlemans/ivapor stuff is even comparable to omicron. its a totally different thing all together. omicron is SO not discreet. theres no way in a million years i could pull that out in the grocery store and just start vaping like i do with the gentlemans. its freakin huge, and you have to sit their loading hash oil into it yourself. dont get me wrong its cool,
but thats more of a "at home" when i "have the time" type of vaporizer. personally id rather just have the ability to get them pre-loaded in strong strains gentlemans style. i just dont have the time or money to pay 200+$ for the hardware, then sit around buying really expensive hash oil and injecting it into GIANT metal carts. i mean, its a dope way to vape oil, but id rather just hit oil on my skillet, and use a tiny gman pen to vape on the go.

thats just me though.

Posted 9/24/2011

@keetseee i've tried like ... half of those, and they were fucking incredible. highly recommend CBD medicator. that one is just straight up unique.

Posted 9/24/2011
Thumb-1315846181

thx for the update, I sold my E-go (same as ivapor) but my friends still have theirs, I'll tell them to go snag one of the "new" carts from Apothecarium - I believe the "new" ones are durban, "trip", GDP, cbd, mk bubba, green dream and pure kush - I heard the old flavors we made with a different formula and were not as good..

did you get the XL one at Apothecarium? They seem (over the phone) to not know about any different sizes...but maybe the guy I spoke with isn't up to date - he said to call back Monday to see if the "pure kush" is back in stock. (wonder if the "pure kush" is the only XL one so far)

Posted 9/24/2011
Thumb-1314057949

Loading it one time for 400+ hits isn't a huge deal. You can do 4-5 cartridges in less than 30 minutes if you take your time, that should have you good to go for a while. And while I get where you are coming from, implying the Omicron costs more is way off. It definitely is less expensive in the long run because it works so efficiently.

The other vapor pens look more stealthy, true. But I've had no trouble using my Omicron anywhere, inside or outside. Some people look at me but they don't understand what they are seeing, but they leave me alone lol. That happened with my iVapor, too. The Omicron has a higher learning curve to setup and use properly, that's all. But I've had mine for a week and I know how to get tiny, stealthy rips in just a few seconds. I can also achieve massive rips, which I wouldn't recommend on the other vapor pens because it'll start charring up the cotton and the tubing.

And the cost of those other cartridges.. if you were to take a lot of big rips from those cotton-based cartridges, they'd die incredibly fast.. I'd have gone through 5-8 iVapor or Gentleman's cartridges in the same situation I went through 1 Omicron cartridge. That 1 cartridge cost me $50 to fill with high quality puddy. You'd pay $200-300 for those 5-8 iVapor/Gentleman cartridges, which are composed of a glycerin-based product instead of a pure concentrate like the Omicron.

Basically, once you get past the learning curve of the Omicron, only the stealth-factor is an issue. That's just because it's a little bigger, and it's shiny. With the amount of money you'd save using an Omicron versus other vapor pens, you could afford to give it a professional paint job, like a black matte appearance similar to iVapor's, and still come out ahead.

Maybe you see it differently, that's cool.. Maybe the stealth factor, even only a little bit of difference, is an important consideration for what you are looking for. But you are going to pay a lot for more that little bit of stealth, and everything else about those products will be inferior to the Omicron. Keep that in mind!

Posted 9/24/2011

@keetsee i emailed the company - htey hit me back up surprisingly quick, telling me that there are in fact XL carts but they arent in stock many places. i guess they have something coming out called the "widow maker" which is basically a bigger, ivapor style unit, and i guess those XL carts are standard starter carts/refills for that unit. im pretty fucking stoked on that. the guy said itd be about a week, but confirmed that they are all interchangable and the XL carts will work on the regular thc stick - and the regular carts will work on the widow maker. i guess the widow maker just gives you way fatter hits, but its not as sneaky, i.e. ivapor. dope though - i like how all their shit comes as like "starter packs"

Posted 9/24/2011

DOPE. i guess the XL carts are all actually DUAL COIL. as in they have double vapor coils inside. i knnnewww there was something diff about the one i got. it was such substantially better hitting. that explains a lot. i didnt even see that in the email

Posted 9/29/2011
Thumb-1329518650
  • Followers: 1

allgovernmentsLIE comments have me interested in the gentleman's stick. if you read allgovernmentsLIE's reviews you can see he knows his meeds and is pretty picky. makes me think the g-stick could be legit, if he's giving it his blessing. perhaps an it's an alternative to those of us tricked by the iVapor ;)

Posted 9/30/2011
Thumb-1317401741

HAS ANYNODY TRIED THE SKYWALKER OR WHITE WIDOW GSC BEFORE? THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES I CAN FIND SO FAR....

Posted 10/18/2011

www.cleangreenburn.com

Post Removed
Posted 10/19/2011
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.
Posted 10/19/2011
  • Followers: 5

Those gentlemens stick just look like a cheap ripoff, what happens when that china battery won't recharge after a month or two? No warranty? At least atmosrx and omicron have a year warranty to back up their confidence.

Posted 10/20/2011
Thumb-1314251868
  • Reviews: 48
  • Followers: 3

Actually, this company, Gentleman's Brand, is really good. I actually had a wiring issue with my G-Stick. I screwed it on too tight and it exposed a wire on the USB charger. I emailed the manufacturer about this and they offered to send me a new unit ASAP. They even hand delivered it to me (I live in the same city as the company, SF).

So if there's any technical issue with the stick, these guys are more than happy to help you out.

Posted 10/20/2011
Thumb-1319091998

I currently live in Riverside, but i am strongly considering making the trip up to the bay. After reading thru all the forums I think making the trip would be wise. I do have a couple of basic questions, I medicate fairly heavily with flowers currently but would love to get something more discreet for on the go. I believe i read correctly but do the cartridges comes sold in larger quanties then individually? If so are you able to mix and match to get say a 5 pack? or when you get the 5 pack is it soley one flavor? This is Very new to me and any suggestions or guidence is GREATLY appreciated, its quite a drive but i deffinately would like to make large purchase so its a worth while trip. A couple of user's appear to have a very wide knowledge base on this product so hoping maybe some can be passed my way. Thanks in advance.

Post Removed
Posted 10/22/2011
Male-avatar-58-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c This post has been removed by the moderator.
Posted 10/31/2011
Thumb-1320089313

Got the Ambassador for free from Gentlemans when I sent an email about having a small problem with my OG THC stick.. They are amazing with customer service and their products WORK! and work well..

The new WIDOWMAKER stick is great.. it has a larger power supply so stronger hits. It has a button to operate it now, so this means you can preheat your hit by holding the button first for 5-7 secs and then taking your hit.. What I do is hold the button twice to get a real strong, hard dose.. Only takes me about 3 rips from the CBD cartridge to get completely medicated to the point of no return if you know what I mean.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GENTLEMANS AND THC WIDOWMAKER STICK..

Anyone know where they carry the XL cartridges by the way? Im hunting them down currently and need help if any..

Posted 10/31/2011
  • Followers: 5

I'm curious, how much are those pre filled cartridges? How many milligrams of thc do they claim to have? I'm thinking it's cost effective to use omicron cartridges that will hold a gram of pure hash oil, however strong you can get it. Even more cost effective to buy an atmos and get the omicron carts, its what I do.

Posted 10/31/2011

Go omicron it has more power get bigger hits of it plus used it at niner game was blasted with og kush oil

Posted 1/13/2012
  • Reviews: 2

gentleman's stick is a decent battery but its steel connection is a little weaker than vape pen's or the medstick's. the cartridges for gentleman's do taste good, but the fillament type used actually has a lot of glue in it to hold it in place. strength is OK, better than vape pen at least. but you can buy a compatible battery on http://themedstick.com

Posted 2/6/2012
Thumb-1328491348
  • Followers: 2

^-- the med stick is a great option for smaller cartridges and operation - it is also compatible.

Furthermore, we are proud to announce Double Agent pre-orders and DIY cartridge sales today:

for more info please see our website:

http://gentlemansvapes.com

our new unit is an adjustable voltage pen, that can charge while being used - and works not only with standard cartridge threads, but also includes an adapter for more esoteric cartridge types like Omicon and Atmos.

I guess sometimes, one size really does fit all ;)

Posted 2/6/2012
Thumb-1328491348

WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE:

for months we've been trying to lower the price of cartridges for consumers:

starting now, a standard cartridge is only 24.99$ at the apothecarium @ sf. Almost half the price! and thats just the start!

huzzah compassion!

Posted 2/6/2012

Glycerin based cotton carts ................... wow you guys are really onto something aren't you?

Posted 2/6/2012
Thumb-1328491348

Heh. We don't want to start an argument over this. We've been making these technologies since 2008. The point isnt really "being on to something" its about lowering prices for patients and opening the thread market. The whole goal is to inspire innovation by others, create compatibility between products, and hopefully in the end - make the whole thing cheaper and more accessible to those who actually need it. Not out do each other or make more money.

We can see how competitors might be upset about a not-for-profit jumping in the game. Its just our believe 'when the revolution comes' and everyone has a vapor pen with their own meds inside - there will be those of us who tried as hard as we could to have brought it to the everyday person, and there will be those in forums who provided sarcastic comments.

- Julie, Gentlemans Brand

Posted 2/7/2012

Cheap and ineffective glycerin carts do nothing but push people away from the technology but If you are hell-bent on becoming the next IVape failure more power to you. And judging from the prices you charge you are ANYTHING but a non-profit.

Posted 2/13/2012
  • Reviews: 9

Just letting you guys know my experience. First, this is not a "recreational" thing for me. This is something I NEED to get through my day as I'll be damned if I'm going to go on prescription drugs to handle my condition.

Now, I first purchased their "beginner kit" at full retail price when it came out. Within 6 weeks I believe I went through 6 chargers. I wrote to Gentlemen's about this and they seemed like they wanted to help. They said they would send me a new Ambassador Kit for my troubles. Really nice, huh? It would have been if they didn't blow me off or just forget about me entirely. A month later I wrote to them again asking what happened and they sent out the actual kit with their apologies.

I ended up calling them to thank them and ask about new product I was hearing about. The guy who I was talking to wanted to appear really customer-service oriented so he told me he was going to send me out some cartridges to try so I could give them some feedback. I thanked him and followed up with an email that also included my address.

Another month went by and another blow off. These guys are really good at making promises but you have to tap them on the shoulder a couple of times to get them to remember what they promised. This is also VERY UNCOMFORTABLE to have people offer you stuff then blow you off. It's also what I call bad business. Oh, and the ambassador kit they sent me? Both batteries dead within 3 months.

The prices of the carts themselves seem to be outrageous (I should know, I purchased plenty), as I don't remember them being very consistent. I say remember because I'm really turned off from this company now and haven't purchased a cart for a while (batteries dead).
Now, I know someone from the company will write and say "we will be happy to replace..." but really, should I have to keep sending these back to you for a replacement? Especially when your track record as far as remembering goes really fits "the stereotype" (as in you like to forget).

In theory, this is a good thing. No grinding, no lighters, no smell, no papers... but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Sorry, but that's just my experience with them.

Posted 2/16/2012
Thumb-1329390132

Check out
www.TheRealTrippyStix.com
The worlds first no cartridge vaporizer .
No cartridge = No Glycerin

Posted 2/23/2012

BPG in Berkeley has the Vapor Plus with the green cartridges. It was great for my flight. The airport people thought it was an ecig