Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 4/13/2016
Thumb-1460588343
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 1
  • Following: 0

Hello,

I'm new to this and purchased a Gorilla Glue CO2 cartridge and it takes me about 10 hits to feel anything and even then compared to smoking half a bowl out of a pipe, I am finding it to be lacking in strength as well as duration. It is rated at~ 50% thc, so I'm wondering why vaping doesn't seem to hit the same way as toking out of a pipe does. Also, the effects last only 45 minutes vs 2-3 hrs. Can anyone share their experience?

Ths.!
MJ

Posted 4/14/2016
Thumb-1437657053
  • Reviews: 56
  • Followers: 4
  • Following: 8

Yeah man, here in DC the vape carts are OK, but the flowers give you more bang for your buck, persay. You can try smoking first and then vaping some oil so go to the next level, sometimes that's a nice way. Also, the carts are convenient for travelling, but I'm with you on preferring to smoke out of a bowl :)

Posted 4/17/2016
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c

Most vendors of vape carts lie about potency so my advice would be to never believe any potency rating. Unless the dispensary is sending the carts to a lab where the lab is pulling the oil out of the carts and then testing .............. it's likely BS.

Very few dispensaries do this by the way ........ they don't care. They just pass along whatever they are told by the vendors.

Posted 4/17/2016
Thumb-1437657053
  • Reviews: 56
  • Following: 8

That's a good point too; those lab tests aren't always very accurate. But I also think you were onto something earlier when you made the point about how, with the cartridges, you are vaporizing instead of smoking, and that is a different type of high that some argue is weaker overall. A good point of comparison would be if you could get some of the Gorilla Glue flower from the same grower/dispensary, grind some up, and vaporize that. You may find that you like vaporizing the flowers just as much as or even better than the hash oil, plus you have the added flexibility of still being able to smoke some your flowers. You would also save money because when you buy the cartridges, you are paying more for the convenience of having the flowers already converted into concentrate form, the cost of the C02 needed for the extraction, plus the cost of the cartridges themselves.

Posted 4/18/2016

Although it's true you will never get as high with vape carts as dabbing or even smoking flowers due to the temps involved, you can still get plenty high off of them once you find the ones that are not bs'ing their way into the shops.

You need to realize this is still an unregulated industry and at pretty much every single level ..... it's all BS when it comes to actually what's in the carts.

Posted 5/2/2016
  • Reviews: 8
  • Followers: 0

I notice that with vapor cartridges you need to inhale to get the vapor flowing, and an even bigger inhale to get that vapor into your lungs. Found out the hard way I was just letting the delicious vapor sit in my mouth and throat with very little actually making it to my lungs.

Try this and there will be a difference. But I overall just prefer smoking flower and the vape pen is for portability.

Posted 5/9/2016

Smaller hits and hold in your lungs as long as possible ...... that's the key to maximizing effect. They way most people inhale/exhale cannabis ................ they are losing 50% of the THC they inhale. Big clouds on exhale is just wasting good THC. You're seeking zero smoke/vapor upon exhale actually.

Posted 12/10/2017
  • Followers: 0

I agree with the other comments, a lot of people have made several valid points. Brass knuckles, flavrX, and the pure, all all pretty good quality products. We have a pretty good idea of what is quality is what is not as we supply about 100,000 empty cartridges per week to distilleries, dispensaries, vape shops, and even renegades filling cartridges in their garage. If anyone needs advice on how to properly fill a Vape cartridge with oil to minimize leaking, feel free to reach out to us...