Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 8/31/2015
Thumb-1441046023
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

I know some states seem to have a stricter policy than others and I'm sure some dispensaries are more relaxed than others. I only hit up a couple of reliable dispensaries so I was curious, is there a standard protocol of dispensary etiquette? Or are some dispensaries just kind of uptight? (I'm only basing this on a story a friend told me where he kind of got snapped at for alluding to using MJ for non-medicinal purposes. The dude's kind of an idiot so he may have been asking for it).

Posted 9/24/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 1

I'm not sure there's a set code of etiquette, but I do think many are concerned in environments like CA and IL that dispensaries can't afford to appear recreational lest we lose the rights we have. I do think the industry as a whole isn't always helping itself go mainstream when the "medical" conventions focus on recreational standards to judge their product, and the environment in the conventions seems to be "party till you drop" That said, I think those of us with serious medical need need the recreational industry (medical users wouldn't have all the strain options that help various medical issues without the recreational users widespread influence), and I also think the recreational industry could get their product legal for recreational use more quickly through the medical door and the justifiable reason's medical users bring to the arguments. Basically, I think we all need each other, and the more understanding we are with each other, the faster we'll all have what we all want - for our use to be safe, legal, and accessible.

Posted 9/25/2015
Thumb-1441046023
  • Reviews: 0

Interesting; I always took the symbiosis for granted and never really took the time to consider it with any analysis! Good points! I've heard a lot of complaints about prices being driven up by recreational users. At least here in CA where new regulation costs are expected to be passed down to the consumer. Since it's too expensive (both monetarily and in effort) to regulate the product in 2 different ways, medical users are expecting to see the amount they pay for marijuana jump if CA passes recreational use in 2016. I wonder if that will be temporary or if it will eventually level off? I also wonder if an eventual federal legalization would drive prices up or down?