Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 5/13/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

I am flying from SFO to Las Vegas, and was wondering can I take my concentrates?
I have muscular dystrophy disease and actually need my medicinal concentrates to relax my muscles
Wanted to take abiut 3.5 of concentrate. Any experiences? Thanks

Posted 5/22/2015
Thumb-1421691623

Your best bet is to take Vape-pen Cartridges or Co2 Oil stored in a Vape-style tank.

I ALWAYS KEEP THEM ON ME (in my carry-on) THROUGH SECURITY.

As long as they don't have green crosses or other distinctive markings, you should be just fine passing through the TSA checkpoint. I've traveled internationally with 6+ carts in my carry-on bag and haven't yet been asked about them as they're indistinguishable from standard carts/tanks.

Having said that, I wouldn't advise anything which needs a pipe/implement in order to use.

Lastly, Nevada has reciprocity for MMJ cardholders, meaning you have the same protections there (under their law - NRS Ch.453A) as you would here and can visit any dispensary who is able to verify your recommendation.

Safe Travels!
DomJC

Posted 5/23/2015
Thumb-1432358640

Look Vegas and Nevada are up in the air. It's all about money. Chances are if you carry carefully, don't make any BS about being a cannabis patient - wearing a cannabis shirt - have pot leaf tattoos all over your face - most things you carry - if kept discreet are overlooked or not seen. Cannatank it (oil) or chop it up and put it in gelatin pill capsules grind it super fine. Don't take resonated smelly things - make sure you have airtight containers - pack in your luggage, with OTHER LIKE LOOKING THINGS -- and don't carry anything they might be interested in: Big bottles of liquids, hair sprays, things that look like they could be bombs.

Most people have electronic cigarettes use those. tanks for those can be all kept - make sure no canna citations are on them.

Carry your medical info - and your rec with you at all times. In your wallet - only show them if required.

IF they do stop you: Don't admit to anything - have an attorney to call - don't answer any questions that might be leading. In fact say - hand me a phone - have your attorney's number memorized -- let your attorney know you're going before you go.

People do go to jail for this stuff -- but it's UNLIKELY... However --- I gotta say --- WITH MD ---- feel free to be someone who they put in jail - cause that will make a three ring circus for them - that would play on the public's heartstrings... Cause my partner has MS -- and if ONE TIME... they screwed with my partner -- I'd be all over big news media... just ONE TIME...

However, that being said, if you want to make a big issue about it - and you call your attorney ahead of time --- we're talking this is making a BIG DEAL about it: if you have your meds for Muscular D - and you have any paperwork showing MD - if any officer pulls your stuff, you scream out loud that they are stealing your medicine, that you need your medicine and you have a RIGHT to your medicine - you have Muscular Dystrophy - and these people are stealing your medicine illegally - you have a doctor's guidance on them --- - regardless of where you are going. KNow that this will cause a big issue - and pray everyone there has camera phones aimed at you - tell them to take pictures please. Have someone with you filming it. Then let it out on YOUTUBE - and have everyone sign a petition --- and then --- see what happens... LMAO -- NO --- don't do that... but for sheeshhh --- seriously... You have muscular dystrophy for God's Sake. Screw this political money grabbing system. Cannabis works for you and the only reason it is not legal is simply someone is making money off the pharmaceuticals they keep shoving down people like yours and my throat. It makes me very ill....

I know cannabis works.

Posted 6/5/2015
Thumb-1433534480

I've taken my vape pen and a few pre-filled carts on a plane in my carry on. No issues. Most security agents Just think its an e-cigarette and move on. If your super worried, just have a few tincture tanks with some medicated e-liquid, even less obvious. And like it was stated above, always have a back up plan in case something does go awry. Never admit to anything without legal consultation, and remain calm and collective. If there is one thing I have learned, authority figures will stress you out while being detained, hoping you will spill the beans on whatever it is they think you are doing.

Posted 8/1/2015
Thumb-1438450882
  • Reviews: 2
  • Followers: 8
  • Following: 6

I don't think you'll have any problems as long as you have your recommendation with you. SFO cops allow you to fly with cannabis as long as you have valid rec. And Vegas has medical cannabis laws with reciprocity, meaning they will honor recommendations from any legal state, so you should be in the clear.