Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 1/14/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

Hello all, my mom who is 67 has neuropathy and her feet and legs feel like she is standing barefoot in ice. She has been to Stanford about a dozen times and they can't do anything more for her. She is on morphine and other pills to help the side effects of morphine and also the side effects of the side effects. She is not eating or drinking hardly anything and has lost a lot of weight and the pills are just tearing her up inside. I have read that CBD is great but I have a few questions. She comes from that generation that watched the marijuana madness and is nervous about getting high. What if any non smoking products I.E. pills, edibles, oil would you recomend that is high in CBD and low THC she can take? I realize not all the THC is removed but I know that if she tries it the first time and gets high as a kite that will be the last time she will do it. Thank you in advance for all of your information and help!

Posted 1/14/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 4
  • Following: 0

High CBD/Low THC products CAN be found but I doubt you are going to find anything that will NOT get her high to some degree. Check around SF dispensaries first and try to find a place that caters to elderly and sick folks and not the stoner crowd. It's easy to tell the difference just by looking at their menu's on-line through weed-maps. If they don't carry a good supply of CBD products, they are just catering to the stoner crowd ............. as they have no interest in something that doesn't get them high.

I would also highly recommend Granny Purps in Santa Cruz. I know for a fact they cater to the sick and elderly crowd. In addition, next month a new dispensary is opening in the Financial District called CBD Wellness Solutions. They will specialize in products aimed at your preference. They have a vape pen that is out of this world. Might be the ticket for your mom.

Posted 1/16/2015
Thumb-1421362544
  • Reviews: 6
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 4

I have neuropathy, have your mom ask her dr. For tramadol it got me off the morphine with less side effects. As far as edibles, the savory pretzels by auntie Delores are amazing, they taste great and work great. I would also recommend vapor products, easy to smoke and helps with the pain.