Medical Marijuana Forums

Posted 1/3/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Reviews: 0
  • Followers: 0
  • Following: 0

I recently had my medical Marijuana "certificate" prescription whatever you want to call it renewed by my primary care physician. Repreat he is not a pot doc. Thus he has no idea where to recommend me for my "medication" or how to afford it on disability. Do they have a program for people who are on disability? I am located in highland park ca. Please help.

Posted 1/4/2015
Thumb-1420381122
  • Followers: 0

I am of the opinion that even a "pot doc" would not be in a position to make specific recommendations about which flower or other product is right for you. I think, like other health matters, the patient must take a level of self-responsibility regarding their choices in medications. I think that most knowledgable bud tenders (sort of a silly name) are able to discuss not your specific medical condition but generally what each flower is, and the right one for general medical needs. Your doctor would not normally be conversant in all the strains of flowers at each dispensary.

Alas, Medicare does not (yet) pay for pot. Some dispensaries do have limited ability to offer small quanties of medication for those on fixed incomes, upon proof of need, but there is more need for free medicine than there is supply. Dispensaries have to keep the doors open and employees paid. Any flowers given away are ultimately paid for by passing on the cost to paying customers, thus raising cost of sales and lowering the ability of some paying customers to afford the medicines, thus eroding the viability of the dispensary.

If looking for free medications I suggest you write a letter to dispensaries and explain you situation when requesting help. You communications need to be in writing with a professional demeanor as you are writing a business and you are competing with others who also need free medicines. No whinny letters, make them understand who you are and why you above the others deserve the free medicines-best of luck.

Posted 1/5/2015
Default-pic-fp-3ac3198fb25a232bc3a992f6d6923c8c
  • Followers: 4

Not sure what his "recommendation" looks like but unless it's a document that a dispensary can recognize/confirm, he's not even going to get through the door.

Secondly, most bud tenders are pretty clueless beyond simple basic suggestions. To assume they will be able to answer specific recommendations for a given illness is really stretching it.

What illness do you have that requires MMJ ? You can probably get your question answered right here.